19 June 2015

House Tour

Hi! I am so so so so so sorry i took sooooo long to update about the new place.

There's just too much stuff happening! Work and shifting and mostly.. The baby ❤︎

It's really hard to take a few hours and sit at the computer to draft something when your baby is such a distraction by making cute noises like asking you "Play with me! Play with me!" T___T

But i feel guilty for not updating regularly enough for my blog due to the shifting so here i am! Taking a few hours off to do up this post! When i am working, i am happy to know if my baby is sleeping hahaha. That means i don't miss out AS much. Hahah.

Oh gosh i don't know how i am going to survive the Japan trip T___T I already feel guilty from the moment i know i have to overseas without my baby =X I think my friend is right, that i will cry =O

Anyway! Here's the post for my house tour!

Who knows how to human being (Josh and i) and one little baby could have sooooo much stuff!! This is not even half way done! A lot more boxes were stacked and a lot more furnitures were going!
Treasure found from packing. A lot of people say Meredith looks like Josh........ I guess i already can picture how Meredith will look like next time omg. Perhaps something like..


. . . . . . .



. . . . . .



. . . . .



. . . .



. . .



. .



.



THIS
I think she forever remain at kindergarten is the best. Hahaha. Josh don't look very cute anymore pass that age hahahaha =XXX
A view of our new place before we did anything to it. The front porch. Omg the red brick walls =S
First living area..
Kitchen..
This was the backyard AFTER we paint it white. Haha. Previously it was all red bricks as well. You can see the video of the house tour i embed at the end.
I hated the grass =XXX Sorry i hate all real grass.

They are dirty, sandy and full of insects. I never have good experience with grass before.

Either the ants from the grass bite my byebye when i was sitting down, or the random insects hop up to my leg and i jump and shout until i got scolded to diam. LOL. Or even just for the few seconds i have to walk through it, some insects will bite my feet one. I seriously hate the grass. Or a better way to put it is i am scared of grass patches to a point i hate them.

I didn't know people would find it ridiculous but in my house tour video i casually say i hate the grass cox it's dirty and people commenting seems to find that strange.

Excuse me, google Hastenburaphobia. It's a real phobia. Of grass. Hahahaha. It's so bad i don't even dare to stand still on grass. I'd keep walking on the spot haha.

So that's why we spent a lot of money and effort to tile the grass over. But it's been about 2 weeks and these grass are survivors omg. They are trying to grow out in between the tiles.

I will poison them dead one *rage*

Rain or shine also i must quickly tile it up!!! Hahaha. Josh did most of it, i am his assistant only.
My helper helping me. Josh told me to tile another time. In my heart i'm like "Why can't we just burn the grass or put some solution to kill them all" But then the fengshui master say it's good to have green in the direction where our backyard is so.. The grass and trees live. LOL.

We were running between two houses for at least 3 weeks to get things ready.

There was no furniture nothing at the new place. We were just there almost everyday to paint / pack / clean / knock and drill / cut and paste. Haha.

Most of the furnitures were going but i really don't wanna bring my bed becox the mattress damn goyak already. Sleep until my backache get worst omg.

So i went to Tilam King and they very kindly offered me a mattress from their Luxury series and i've been sleeping on it for coming two weeks now and IT IS FREAKING AWESOME COMFYYYY!!!

Making myself at home wth haha.

I'd be honest with you guys, i was ready to pay a maximum $3000 for my mattress (hopefully including bedframe) so i google a little bit to read some reviews and to do some research before i spend this money. I mean $3k is quite a big sum and say real one, how many of you really see the need to get a comfy mattress that supports you and your lifestyle habits?

When i was reading through forums i see a lot of mixed review about all the big mattresses brands. And people lamenting how they spent close to $5k (some even say close to $8k wthhhhh who spends this kind of money on bed =OOO) but in less than a year, the mattress already start to sink in height.

So having spent that amount of course they ask around check if it was user problem or if other people face the same problems. But sadly i guess not many people care to give more attention to their mattresses than just buying them, and then sticking with them for as many years as possible hahaha.

It's a dilemma for me becox buying a good bed is important obviously not just for comfort but for health reasons, and for better rest of which will make us more productive.. I know, you seen all these in creative advertisements aired by big mattress brands out there. So you get my point. Hahaha.

But then most of us spend only about a quarter of the time (or lesser) of the day on our bed. Rest of the time we are either at work or at school or outside or at the sofa with our family etc.

So how much is enough to spend on something we NEED?

We need a good bed with good support that suits us and our sleeping pattern.

But how much are you willing to pay?

To each his own correct.

Then the next question is.. Do you know WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR?

A little light-hearted chat with Tony (young and friendly boss of Tilam King) who came across to me as someone very practical and straight forward.

Even as a boss, he still pen his own thoughts, knowledge and years of experiences in the mattress industry in the official blog for Tilam King. If you have 2 minutes to share, please read this post.

That was what drawn me to get in touch with Tilam King! It's very very interesting to find out that you could be possibly be paying for marketing fees instead of a good solid mattress.

Both my sisters just bought mattresses for their house. One paid $3200. One paid $4800 plus minus.

And for $3200 she only gets the lowest range out of the branded mattress brand.

It's a comfy bed. Of course it is.

But what's the difference between their $3k, $5k, $8k and $10k range (sometimes even way over $10k). What's the difference and how big exactly is the difference to justify for that thousands of dollars a difference?

Having been in the mattress industry for years following his father, Tony share with me the basics of the business. When he say basic, it's really basic. He told me frankly that a mattress is quite simple to put together. He even made a video to show exactly how basic it is. Here's the link to the video.

And at Tilam King, minus off the frills and marketing gimmicks, there's only five types of mattresses that different people with different sleeping pattern / preference might need.

Everything is put in simplest form for you, there will be no "should i pay one or two thousand dollars more for more comfort? Or should i pay lesser and compromise on comfort?"

If you're thinking cheap things no good, maybe i can agree with that to some extend.

But if you say good things no cheap, i can't agree cox at Tilam King, you get good quality products at a price cheaper than what you get outside! Tilam King put together all the best parts in their mattresses and save on ALL marketing costs and only go by word of mouth.

They never advertise on newspaper nor TV but they are still doing better and better. They must have done something right! =D

In fact i am very honoured they are offering me their mattress cox i would readily pay for it but i guess the boss and i have one same idea lah. It's about the value you get. Not the price you pay.

And being a Budget Barbie for this many years now, i hope my readers sees that too.

So if you're looking for AWESOME QUALITY mattresses at affordable prices, you know where to go! Mai shy ah, good things please share with your friends and family and relatives. Haha.

Sleeping around. For real. At their showroom. LOL.
Josh and i both fell in deep deep love with their memory foam mattress but since i toss and turn around a lot Tony's advice is to not get that cox i might not get very well-rested sleep cox the foam might not mould back in time after i change my position. This is more suitable for people who sleep soundly lol. So jelly i really really love the feeling of this!!! It's like you get drawn into a soft marshmallow cloud and you never wanna get up lol.
This one is interesting! You know how when you check into hotels, the first thing you will try is the bed right. And most good hotels de bed is shiok untilllll. Hahah!
Having supply to many hotels as well, Tony share with me actually it's just a very simple comfort layer and you can achieve the effect of hotel comfort. If you're thinking of getting a mattress, pop by their showroom! I believe Tony and his staff can explain it better to you haha!
Left side is a little too firm for my liking but apparently it's one of the more popular choices haha. Right side and me 有缘无份 i love it but it's not suitable for me. So we went with the one that is super comfy and suits the both of us =DDD You can check out the full range Tilam King offers from their website! But i suggest you visit the showroom, go sleep around also lolol.
MY BED~!!! ^.^ Thank you Tilam King!!!
Thank you Tony for the very informative afternoon!!! Hardly informative stuff are interesting but saving money + getting the best value out of everything is always interesting =D Check out Tilam King Facebook page for more bite size information! And their website to understand more!
FOLs. Back to painting. Third day consecutively. Thank god the last day was a weekend so my brother-in-law could help us out!!! He's the best omg. Always do a good job and don't cut corners and always work smart + work hard!!! Hahaha. To reward him for being such a good contributor..
I order 米饭 for him LOL ^.^
Josh from painting to tiling the backyard to spray-painting the gate to clearing out the wild plants and grass etc all he bao. He worked so hard under the sun until i think he is at least 4 shades darker now.
MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT ARRIVED!!! =DDD Josh customised this for me haha. Usually they only sell two seater but this one is for four!! =DDD I've always loveeeee swings!! =DDD
Our bed from Tilam King arrived!!! SOOOO IN LOVEEEEE!!! So luxury although the price is not luxurious hahah.

HERE! Video of the house tour. Everything was very.. Real. HAHA. I never arrange the house before the video tour becox.. Erm becox i am lazy. LOL.

But then later i feel really never do the house justice cox the house is really quite a cozy nice place. So when Josh come back from work i ask him to help me. "i ask him to help me" meaning i open my mouth, he do. HAHAHAHA.

So here's the pictorial house tour.

Nursery room not fully ready so i'd show you guys in another post!

Masterbed room. My bed so shiok i don't wanna wake up lolol. The bedside table light you see hor. Is actually Josh "DIY" one. It's just a low rack, and then Josh paint it white, flip it to be a bedside table and then put a $4.90 IKEA lamp underneath. Freaking awesome or what.
Love all the doors in this house!
Vanity and baby changing area. Our sugar cube ceiling lamp is so simple and nice. It's only $49!! So to me it looks extra beautiful. All the other ceiling lamp we saw are nice too but all golddigger. So we settle for this simple and non-materialistic lamp LOL. She no try to dig our pocket LOL!
My living room. Erm. Tiffany is it you think you very chio? LOL. So happy!!! Now the two doggies can run like mad!!! And i am not afraid to show their pictures anymore!!! Hahaha!
Excuse me Tiffany i wanna show people the living room not you =__="
Drago looking seh. Lol. Both of them just freshly groomed by Pets Lagoon! =D They always do such a nice job i don't have to worry =D Check out my blogpost for them!
Store room and corridor of another living area.
Kitchen~!!! The kitchen ceiling light also from the same shop as the sugar cube light! Quite cheap also. Total we bought three or four lights there. $340 only wtf. And their installation is damnnn cheap!!! We ask around people charging first light $80. Subsequent $40 or $50 EACH. They charge first light $40. Subsequent $10 each say whaaaaat!!!
Feel bu feel. The whole place is seen by feng shui master so even this water on the table thing is instructed haha. 宁可信其有, 不可信其无! Haha. Apparently this house is very good for me wor. Will huat one. LOL. Okay lah i take. Skali two years later i so rich i buy it LOLOL.
Nice kitchen cabinet!
Nice nutella! LOL. Kidding. Just wanna show you the nice tiles on the kitchen cabinet top.
Nice potatoes..... I guess i'm losing it. I cannot be a blogger anymore. LOL. I have lost my ability to caption and write. Hahah.
Nice....... You guess? Yup. Nice blue cloth. Lolol.
The backyard! I DIY the buntings cox i loveeee how buntings make everything looks carnival-ish and happy! =D Also we successfully tiled half the backyard haha. It's damn expensive loh. Home-Fix or DIY store sell one piece of this plastic (but looks like wood) garden tile for $11 okay.
Patterned white cloth! =D
The house comes with a cute baby =DDD HAHAHA. Meredith why you look so lost!!! =DD And why is your needle fringe coming out again!
The front porch! I got these white outdoor table and chairs. The boys can la kopi, kua charbor boon bibi there if they want. The boys meaning.. My dad and Ah Bong LOLOL. They love to just sit around and zou bo one. So i guess this will be nice for them.
Vintage-inspired bicycle. It's for teenagers =((( I didn't care i just buy it anyway. Josh say i so old already still act cute becox obviously there's not enough leg space for me to ride on it fml hahaha. Never mind loh let it bai sui i use it to take OOTD also shiok.
MA SWING BABEH~!!! =DDD Sigh not enough grass patch so just make do lah. Haha.
Outdoor ceiling light which looks like a cage fan! We bought it from the same shop as the sugar cube light! At Kitchener Road. I asked Josh but we both don't remember the shop name but the lady (chubby chubby one!) in the shop is very very nice and helpful! So if you're looking for lighting maybe can check it out! The shop is diagonal to scissors rice!!!
This is also a feng shui instructed table lamp. The instruction was to put a table lamp that has at least three light bulbs. For my 人缘. Limpeh jitao put fairy lights at least 100 lightbulbs LOLOLOL!!! 我看我人缘好到我明年去选做 MP liao. Lolol. Josh is awesome he has many DIY ideas haha. This lights in a jar also he just thought of in a second one. Daebakkkk~!!!

Okay i miss my baby liao. It's been 6 hours since i do this whole post up inclusive of the video.

You all better leave me a comment or two to praise me. Or praise say my dogs very cute also can.

Or praise my husband also can.

Praise my bed i also happy lah.

OKAY PILE ON THE PRIASE PLEASE. Lol. Bye.

58 comments:

Michelle said...

Can tell that you and your family put in alot of effort for the house. Well done. Cannot wait to see meredith's nursery.

CSL said...

Nice & sweet touches :) love that you are so down to earth ! Happy settling down in your new place ��

Hannah said...

Hi Qiu Qiu, may I know how much is the rental? Ur new place looks big! Landed somemore!

caymom said...

The house is very spacious and beautifully done
The bed looks very comfy. The dogs are adorable. Your husband very hardworking. Your baby super cute!!! But I hope she will grow up to look more like you. Thanks for the house tour.👍

Kai ling said...

Hi Qiu Qiu, may I know where is the shop to get the lights? :) thanks!

zoe said...

awesome house ! in love w all the white 😍 can i know what camera do you use to capture your home tour pictures ?

Kheng said...

Your new house is so white! So pretty! Did you rent or buy the new house?

Anonymous said...

How are you going to deal with the grass that grows out of the tile? Weeds are tough. They grow anyway there is a little tiny bit of soil. Maybe it is too late to suggest but maybe you can consider put cardboard on the grass before you put the tiles.

Unknown said...

You and Josh are very good in DIY your new place! The whole hse is so feel with love cos its done up with love! Congrats!

JY said...

Praise every thing done in the house and you family! ;D thanks for sharing with us!! Love the DIYs (specially last pic)

JY said...

Praise every thing done in the house and your family! ;D thanks for sharing with us!! Love the DIYs (specially last pic) :D

Unknown said...

Hi, do you mind sharing the contact for the fengshui master?

Anonymous said...

Very good job...especially backyard.

Reporter said...

Omg your house super chio. Damn nice and white I love it hahahah

IcesAlle said...

Love your back and front yard!!!! So gorgeous!!!

Carol said...

Hi qiu qiu may i have the contact for your lighting shop?

Anonymous said...

Nice house!

Anonymous said...

Its a very nice house, all in white! Btw, You may consider to do artificial grass on the backyard and they will help you to solve the grass from stop growing too and you can put your swing at the backyard :)

Anonymous said...

Its a very nice house, all in white! Btw, You may consider to do artificial grass on the backyard and they will help you to solve the grass from stop growing too and you can put your swing at the backyard :)

Denise said...

Hello qiuqiu!!!!!! 你的家很大很美,你人很美很瘦,Josh很 sweet 又很 talented, 你家两只狗狗都很 cute, and meredith越来越像你了! HAHAHAHAHAH, praising everything at a go so hopefully there'll be more posts coming! Hehehe

Nerielle said...

I love your new house!! Everything looks so beautiful and when I see it I'm reminded of a line in Taylor Swift's song "The Best Day" (I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run and I had the best days with you) :) I believe Meredith will be able to say the same to you when she grows up! All the best wishes to your family. -N

Shermainee said...

Very nice and pretty house!!! 😍😍😍 Ur hb diy is vry nice ;) hv a good rest 😴

Unknown said...

I like ur dogs.. Hehe they r very cute..
Do u mind to post more of Meredith and Tiffany and Drago photos please?

Have a great weekend Babe ��

Unknown said...

I like ur dogs.. Hehe they r very cute..
Do u mind to post more of Meredith and Tiffany and Drago photos please?

Have a great weekend Babe ��

Unknown said...

I like ur dogs.. Hehe they r very cute..
Do u mind to post more of Meredith and Tiffany and Drago photos please?

Have a great weekend Babe ��

Anonymous said...

Very nice, very envy your life, everything looks perfect.. may i know how much is the rental of the house?

Hanna Lei said...

Love all the white, and the bedroom is perfect. -Hanna Lei

a mere reminder said...

SUPER NICE I am so envious <3

chilicandy said...

hello qiuqiu !

Your photoshopped pictures of Josh for future meredith looks so cute and hilarious ! LOL !
I think this is the first time i commented on your blog...

Like your funny blogging styles, keep it up.

I think Meredith will have the upper face look like Josh and the lower face like yours. Usually kids grow up with both their parent's feature, which makes them very cute and adorable. Because its so unique . :D

I like how you furnished your home, clean , neat and simplistic color. Love the swing. Your hubby is so sweet and a great gem.
wish you all happy family be blessed with happiness and good health always !

chilicandy said...

hello qiuqiu !

Your photoshopped pictures of Josh for future meredith looks so cute and hilarious ! LOL !
I think this is the first time i commented on your blog...

Like your funny blogging styles, keep it up.

I think Meredith will have the upper face look like Josh and the lower face like yours. Usually kids grow up with both their parent's feature, which makes them very cute and adorable. Because its so unique . :D

I like how you furnished your home, clean , neat and simplistic color. Love the swing. Your hubby is so sweet and a great gem.
wish you all happy family be blessed with happiness and good health always !

Anonymous said...

Hi qiu qiu I love to read your blogs since 2012. You are cute and the way you blog is sincere as well as hilarious. Congrats to your new house and your beautiful daughter.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha come come qiuqiu I praise... GOOD JOB!!

Sim yee siang said...

Wow...nice house!! I bet you will have house warming!

Serene Huat ah said...

Omg preddy preddy he heheheh!!! 😍😍😍😁😁😁 and if you really go 选 MP, I cfm support you!! 😂😂😂

Esther said...

Omg sg is so small!! Ur new place used to be my pri sch friend's hse but they shifted out long ago. Recognized it from ur home tour but wasn't 100% sure till i drove past this afternoon n saw ur pretty white swing. I stayed in this area since young, welcome to the district! (: if u need any info regarding the area can email me I'll be glad to help.

Oh do u know 周初明 stays nearby too? Lol. Hope to bump into u, baby mer, Pearl (her dayre fan) & even yurou soon!

Roselynn said...

I love how your house is almost all painted/decorated in white, so cozy and pretty!!!
The light bulbs in jar is so pretty, very tumblr-inspired Hahahah
Anyway great job pretty mama Qiu!!

Anonymous said...

love ur house! gonna watch the video shortly. at work :x

Michelle Teo said...

Ok ok...lai lai lai...must leave you some praise for u...hubby and cute bb too! :)

Envy you finally got such a nice big house, nicely decor and a hubby who can DIY! :)
Thinking of my new home next yr for decor! Thanks for introducing Tilam King, think I can go check them out for my new house too! :)

Joanna said...

qiuqiu, you are so real and pretty even without make up. May you and your family stay healthily and happily always. Sweet and warm home. Meredith is so lucky to have a mommy like you.

Anonymous said...

Wah your video gave me motion sickness. Lol. Couldn't watch until the end. But nice house from the pictures

Anonymous said...

Yah I also got motion sickness. no joke. but photos are awesome. congrats on the new house. and love love meredith!

DeL said...

ur josh is damn gd with his ideas. i like ur swing, ur bike and ur lights in a jar. sweet~ cute baby btw..

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous house and great effort sweetie! Thank you for the update & video & post. Take care of urself whilst busying with Ur hse. Gambatte

Anonymous said...

A silent reader, and I'm not a girl who's into girly stuff, frills and ribbons and pink. I really love your house and you and ur hubby's tastes + DIYs.

Oh, and your dogs are very cute HAHA

Janice said...

hahahha i love your blogging style pls, sibeh funny and real.

and awesome effort there for the designing and furnishing of your place! 你人那么好,相信你一定会事业更有成,赚超多钱买下这房子!

stay happy qiu!<3

feiii said...

are your dogs shaved? shaving is very very bad for huskies, i hope i'm mistaken.

Anonymous said...

You truly have to stop going under knife.
You look weird.

Anonymous said...

Tilam king must find Jeffrey ! He got an excellent service. And super friendly staff

WAIT said...

I'm sp happy you're finally happy! :D Jiayou and remember to stay positive ok! :) <3

Sheunny said...

I love the way you blog QiuQiu, it's hilarious! It is very obvious that you (and Josh) put in tons of effort there, i really love how "real" everything is :)

Anonymous said...

<3 the swing <3 <3
The best reason for getting a landed property =D
Love your ramblings and your hubby's DIY creations
Such a pristine white house, super pretty, hope it stays clean and happy ^^

Anonymous said...

YOUR DOGS VERY CUTE HAHA

coco said...

new place is nicely done up, great efforts from you and your family. anyway do mind to share the fengshui master contact?

Anonymous said...

Does QiuQiu replies? can u let me know where you bought your outdoor table and chairs? As well as the white shelf you used for Meredith room? i love white too!

Unknown said...

oyemgee... both of u can be a interior desingner... everything so white, makes ur home looks even spacy(i mean luas) hahaha...

Anonymous said...

Nope. She doesn't reply at all. Had nicely asked for her fengshui master's contact ages ago without any response in return. I suppose the publicised email address is intended for sponsors only.

MarcioWilges said...

The best part about house removals into your very own home is the ability to customise it just the way you want isn't it! Here is hoping that you manage to kill all that grass dead! Haha!

Elizabeth said...

This blog post is really great, the quality information of this post is genuinely incredible. cuddly home advisors